Saturday, September 30, 2017

September!

I am enjoying the weather! I think today was almost 100 F but weather here is much better than what we experience down in Maryland. My dad was saying how he has already started wearing sweaters and scarves and I am glad I am not in Maryland right now.

We finished Renal block last week and we are currently in Pulmonary and Inflammation block. We are learning a lot of material in a short period of time. It can be hectic at times but studying with my friends has definitely made learning for me less stressful.

Outside of class, I have started volunteering at KIPP Leadership academy. My experience here has not been what I had expected. I assist the school administrators by updating students' profiles and entering data on their website. Honestly I thought I would be more involved with the students by tutoring them during class period or after school. I wanted to make a direct impact on the students lives. However I have committed to this work and I will continue to go to KIPP and help the staff in every way I can. I am also looking around for more volunteering opportunities in other schools that might need tutors to come in few days a week.

My first intramural volleyball game starts this Monday. I am beyond excited since I have never played any sport in my life. Our team's name is beta blockers and our team color is blue. I ordered my blue t-shirt last week and I cannot wait to wear it this Monday.


Honestly, I am having an amazing time here with my cousins and my friends. However, today was Dashain, most auspicious festival for Nepalese and I really missed celebrating Dashain with my parents and  my brother. I wish I could have visited them this weekend but nonetheless I am thankful to have family here as well.

September hours: 9
Total hours: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment